Sunday, March 19, 2006

I have arrived...GSX-R1000!

Okay, you all know I’m crazy for Gixxers (Suzuki GSX-R sport bikes). I had decided a while back to get a GSX-R750, because it was still stupid fast and a good bit cheaper than a 1000. I had been looking on eBay for awhile and wasn’t finding any good deals that were close to Nashville and especially none that were close to Lubbock. Oh by the way, did I mention that I’m not in Acappella anymore and I live in Lubbock, TX again. I think everyone reading this knows. Anyway, I jumped off of eBay and on to the Thrifty Nickel Ads search and saw that there was 1 Suzuki GSXR listed…and it was a 1000 and it was a decent price. I e-mailed the guy, Josh, and he sent me some pics and told me a little bit about it. I was very interested. Hold that thought. Remember, I have a 2003 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (the yellow bike) that is the perfect bike to start with and even keep, if you don’t want to wheelie and accelerate stupid fast (but legally, of course). I had been taking my wife, Melody, riding on the Ninja and she loved it so much that she wanted her own Ninja 250. It was only logical that she get mine and I speed up my search for the perfect Gixxer. Okay, back to Josh and the Gixxer 1000. I thought, “you know, the 1000 is the THE best of the best, and really, how could I not go ahead and get the 1000…bump the cheaper 750, I’m gettin’ a 1000.” I went to Josh’s brother’s house, where the bike was, and test rode it. It brought back memories of when I rode Curtis’ Gixxer 1000 in West Memphis, and how I could not comprehend the power it had. We negotiated a little on the price, he came down even more. By the way, he was the only owner of this bike and he lives in Commander’s Palace (where I live), and said he’d help me work on it or anything else I needed. So I got a GREAT deal on a well-taken-care of 2002 Suzuki GSX-R1000 sport bike. It’s beautiful! Here are some of the upgrades he had put on it:

  • Two Brothers Racing exhaust
  • Power Commander
  • K&N Air Filter
  • TRE (Timing Retarder Eliminaor)
  • RK chain and Geared 1down in front
  • Fender Eliminator
  • Clear lens tail light
  • Tape Works Graphics (neon green graphics to replace the stock white ones)
  • Blue Chrome Wind Screen
  • Pirelli Diablo tires
  • CARBON FIBER:
  • front fender
  • triple tree
  • tank protector
  • frame covers
  • case cover
The bike is so sweet! I took Mel for a ride the day I got it and she held on for dear life and said, “I don’t think I want to do that anymore.” It’s SO fast, she wants to make sure I’m comfortable with it before she puts her life in to my hands. Comfortable? How can you be comfortable accelerating to speeds of XXX mph in mere seconds? We’re going to take a motorcycle safety course together. I finally got a Gixxer, now I’ve just got to stay alive!

3 Comments:

At 6:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ouch!! you're sick.
Well at least he hasn't done any mods to make it faster... ;)

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger cofoba said...

I think you are nuts but more power to ya. Glad to hear things are rolling for ya back home. You coming ot Tulsa. If so see ya there, if not I understand. Peace be with ya brother.

 
At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love gixers. The Suzuki GSX-R1000's dominance are simple. Sublime, lithe ergonomics and handling, radical styling and full-on usable power. The bikes looks good too. Im thinking of buying one. gonna check out some bike insurance quotes to see how much this beast is gonna cost me to get on the road. then i'll have to sweet talk the wife into letting me have one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home